Priorities for funding
Each football season the SwansAid trustees will agree the amount of money they will distribute and set priorities for the use of the funding. The panel has decided that in the 2015-16 season the emphasis will remain with encouraging activity amongst children and young people, and people of all ages with disabilities. Capital costs only are eligible, staff costs will not be funded. Eligible organisations are those which:
1. Support children and young people (aged 0-18) to become more active. The trustees encourage applications from projects which aim to enable sports participation, but other projects which support children and young people to become more active will also be considered.
2. Support people (adults and children) with disabilities, and their families to become more active.
NB. Applications open on September 19th. The deadline for applications to this fund is 5pm 20th November 2015. Return applications to the Community Trust at Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea SA2 1FA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups excluded from making applications include political groups, faith groups, and those outside the counties of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. SwansAid will not be used to support individuals.
• In the 2015 - 2016 season there will be a total of £50,000 available. At the end of the season this figure will be re-assessed, and, based on the income generated by the Lotto and other donations from the public, it may be increased for subsequent seasons.
• The panel will sit for two funding rounds (one in the Autumn and one in the Spring) with a total of £25,000 available at each round.
• At each round trustees will make the following awards:
1. One large grant of £10,000
2. 6 small grants of £2,000
3. Sets of kit for children and young people’s community sporting clubs (the total value of this pot is £3,000)
|Round one applications open||September 19th 2015|
|Round one deadline||November 20th 2015|
|Round one decisions announced||December 14th 2015|
|Round two applications open||February 6th 2016|
|Round two deadline||April 1st 2016|
|Round two decisions announced||May 3rd 2016|
You should give careful consideration as to which you apply for an award of up to £2,000 or an award of up to £10,000. There will be only one award of up to £10,000 at each funding round. This means that there is likely to be a lot of competition for this award. There is just one application form which can be used for either award. The difference in your application will be in the amount of detail you are expected to give in your answers to the questions. If you decide to apply in both categories then it is essential that you complete two application forms. Please refer to the document called guidance notes for each category which will help you complete the forms and make strong cases for support. NB All successful applicants will be expected to report to the Community Trust on the progress of their project.
1. Applications for the large grant of up to £10,000.
Download the application form. Use the guidance notes to support you as you work through the form. At each question you will be required to give detailed information. Indicate that you wish to apply for the large grant by ticking box A at the top of the form.
2. Applications for small grants of up to £2,000.
Download the application form. Use the same application form but simplified responses to questions will suffice. Use the guidance notes to support you as you complete the form. Indicate that you wish to apply for the smaller grant by ticking box B at the top of the form.
3. Applications for sets of children and young people’s kit.
Any sport can apply. Download the simple application form. This form requires only name, contact details, affiliation number. There are guidance notes to support you. Five applications will be picked at random. Each of the successful applications will receive a kit in their team colours.
If you have any queries about eligibility, or any other matters associated with this funding, please email email@example.com
SwansAid is administered by Swansea City AFC Community Trust
Charity number: 1126933